// Rules / Regulations //
This is probably the least friendly section of the site, mainly because it deals with both the rules of the site and what will happen to you if you break those rules.
While I don't particularly care (to a degree) what you have on your site, I do have some requirements.
- No porn. Porn is something that will get this entire site (not just your part) shut down. Your entire account will be removed (no refunds).
- No MP3s. I don't care if you like Napster and hate the record companies or not, this site is not your place to swap that new Britney Spears song (shame on you for listening to it anyway). Again, this will earn you a deleted account, no refund. This pertains to all other copyright content, no matter what the format is.
Infractions are how I make sure everything is going according to plan. Infractions are earned by (1) not having a banner on a page (if you are required to), (2) not having the Navigation Table on your front page (if you are required to), or (3) being an overall menace on the forums. Infractions can also be earned by excessive disk space for your sites (ie: if you're allotted 15 megs and your site is 30, we've got a problem), and innapropriate behavior on the EVula.com or ev-nova.net forums. Misbehavior on the Ambrosia boards, depending on how severe it is, may be punished here as well.
Infractions are reset, in a sense, every six months. However, if you make it to the third level, your account will only partially be reset, as it will start off at -1 (counting as a single infraction right off the bat).
Note: I realize that I can't please everyone, but if you manage to make it to infraction #5, I'm not going to really care. Feel free to vent your frustrations on the Forum, but don't expect for me to reinstate your account. More on my feelings on the subject can be found in the FAQ.
- First Infraction: Email sent regarding the problem. Depending on how nice I feel at the time, I may fix the issue for you by modifying your pages, but don't count on it. From the first email, you have 48 hours to respond or fix the problem (if you respond explaining why you can't fix it in the 48 hour time frame, I'll give you extra time). Otherwise you get a...
- Second Infraction: Email sent regarding the problem. Link is pulled from all tier rotations for the remainder of the quarter (every three months). Don't like it? Then don't earn it.
- Third Infraction: Three strikes, and you're out. Account is terminated for 1 week.
- Fourth Infraction: Same deal as the third infraction, except the account is terminated for a span of 2 weeks.
- Fifth Infraction: Goodbye.
Termination occurs after your third or fourth infraction.
Your FTP and email passwords will be modified (the account will still receive email [ie: no bounce backs to senders], but you won't be able to check it), and your site will be backed up on my computer, then replaced with a site that explains that your account was terminated and why. Also, your board on the Forum will be locked, and your moderator status will be removed.
After the designated time period (1 to 2 weeks), your passwords will be reset to what you gave me when you signed up, and your site be restored to it's condition before the termination.
If you remove yourself from the service after your account has been terminated (ie: after the time on the third infraction is over, but before you get a fourth infraction), you won't get a refund. Sorry, but you got those infractions by trying to cheat me out of money, don't expect me to be willing to give you yours back.
How to avoid termination, even if you are (inadvertantly) breaking a rule: If I notice the problem, you get an infraction. If you notice the problem, and let me know about it, I'm much nicer. If the Navigation Table isn't showing up correctly, for example, all you have to do is let me know. Once that happens, you'll be immune from infractions (for that "offense") for a short while. I'll just look at your source code to see why it isn't working. Believe it or not, I'm NOT out to screw everyone over, I want your site to work smoothly just as much as you do. ;)
I reserve the right to refuse any account for any reason. I reserve the right to deny any section of a new account (like the username) for any reason.
I reserve the right to modify user pages if they are not in accordance with the Rules & Regulations of evula.org. I reserve the right to having final say of content. I reserve the right to modify a user's account settings, such as the password (for enforcement of the infraction penalty system).
I reserve the right to terminate accounts, but I willingly give up the right to do so without providing a reason. If you make a request for a reason, I will honor it. I reserve the right to deny refund to members who have consistantly failed to follow the Rules & Regulations of evula.org. In such an event, I will allow public discussion (on the correct board, of course), but public opinion is not the deciding factor in this matter, mine is.